On a hot night (in Seattle?? Awesome!) you don't want to use the kitchen any more than you have to!
Grilled chicken sandwiches it was.... but what could I do to make them out of this world??
Fire Roasted Green Chilies...
(These are a few of my favorite things!)
Cool & Creamy Chicken & Green Chile Sandwiches
- chicken - white or dark meat - 6 servings (or chicken substitute)
- salt pepper and dried parsley to taste
- 6 Anaheim chilies (or canned diced green chilies)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 avocado
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- ranch sauce (homemade recipe another day)
- 6 hoagie rolls
I like to use Quorn chick'n cutlets for this dish as a vegetarian alternative. They have good texture and flavor - even the carnivore husband likes them!
Dice the chicken (Quorn) and toss with green chilies and 1/2 of the cheese. Heat the hoagie rolls.
Spread avocado on one side, and the ranch spread on the other. Fill with the chicken mixture.
Can you tell which one is chicken and which one is Quorn?
(Quorn is on the right!)
Top with a little more cheese and broil for a minute or two.
I served this with a cold Harvest Grains salad and fresh cantaloupe and strawberries.
Eat and enjoy!!