Thursday, June 28, 2012

Harvest Grains Summer Salad

Here is a great summer salad - warm, room temp or cold.




Harvest Grains Summer Salad
  • 1 cup Trader Joes Harvest Grains
  • 1/2 cup quinoa
  • juice of 2 lemons - about 1/4+ cups
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 large tomato - diced
  • 1 small zucchini - diced
  • 1-2 cloves garlic - minced
  • chopped fresh herbs
  • salt and pepper to taste
Brung a large pot of salted water to boil on the stove. Add in the harvest grains and quinoa - cook until tender per the directions. Drain well.


Trader Joes Harvest grains has orzo pasta, red quinoa, Isreli style couscous, and baby garbanzo beans. I add in the extra quinoa because I like it and I don't think it has enough! :)

Mix in the olive oil and garlic. Allow this mixture to cool.


Dice the tomato and zucchini.

Chop the herbs - I used basil and cilantro - that is what I had on hand. You can use whatever you'd like - you'll need about 1/4 cup.

Mix in the rest of the ingredients - and serve!


Like I said above, you can eat ti hot, cold or room temerature.

You can add diced chicken or shrimp to make a light dinner or lunch.



~Candy



No comments:

Post a Comment