Thursday, June 7, 2012

Smokey Grilled Asparagus

I have a love affair with asparagus.
I like it grilled, roasted, pan seared, breaded, pickled, raw... really it doesn't matter - I just like it.

My kids like asparagus, my husband likes asparagus, my dad, my brother, my sister-in-law and my mother-in-law like asparagus... my dogs like asparagus (I really don't know, we never have leftovers!)

When it is asparagus season, we eat it 2-3 times a week, when it is not asparagus season, we eat it less often, waiting for the season to come so we can gorge ourselves again!

Tonight, was grilled asparagus... and we ate some other stuff....





What you will need:
  • 1 bundle asparagus - about 1 1/2 lbs
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • salt and pepper
Rinse the asparagus, trim the not so yummy stems and pat dry.

Coat the asparagus in olive oil.

Sprinkle with smoked paprika, salt and pepper.

Grill on the BBQ for about 7 minutes, or until slightly softened, but still crisp on the inside.

I served with cheesy Alfredo pasta and baby scallops.

But we all know the real star of this dinner, and the only part I even care about, it the asparagus.

Enjoy!
~Candy

No comments:

Post a Comment