Saturday, June 23, 2012

Veggie Soup

My friends got married, and I got a big ole bag of food!

Haha!

No, but really, Congrats to the happy couple!
And my fridge is stocked with more fruit and veggies that I know what to do with!

So... I made crock pot veggie soup!





Gather up all the veggies in your fridge, and get to work!
Here's what I had:



  • onion
  • celery
  • broccoli
  • carrotts
  • peppers
  • cauliflower
  • spinach
  • veggie broth
  • salt and pepper
But you can use whatever veggies you have on hand, anything you like, or whatever someone sends you home with from a wedding :)

Chop them up, and throw them into the crock pot.
I have a pretty large crock pot, so I used about 1 1/2 - 2 cups of each veggie, but use what will fit in yours.




Cover with veggie broth or water, if using water, also add in some bullion/veggie base - I use Better Than Bullion, about 2 tablespoons.

I also chopped up a bunch of fresh herbs from the garden, cause I am OBSESSED with fresh herbs - I used thyme, rosemary, sage and parsley.


Cook on low heat for 8 hours.


You can add in some cooked pasta, or shredded chicken if you like, but I like fit with just the veggies.

Serve with fresh baked bread... YUM!


And thanks to my wonderful friends for getting married and having all these leftover veggies for my soup!


~Candy

No comments:

Post a Comment