Julian (6) is beginning his first season of Pee-Wee football - Wednesday began M-F practices from 6-8pm, we get home from work and daycare at 5pm.
What does that have to do with food, you ask?
We have approximately 45 minutes from the time we walk in the door to smoother the dog with lovins, get Julian changed and ready for practice, cook & eat dinner - thus we are in search of the fastest dinners in the history of the world!
Tonight - Naan Bread Pizza with Arugula, Avocado, Fresh Mozzarella and Feta Cheese.
(Chicken and black olives for the boys!)
This seriously only took 15 minutes to make - start to finish - if I can keep this up, we might survive!
What you will need:
- 4 pieces Packaged Naan Bread - I like the Garlic Naan from Trader Joe's
- 1/4 cup prepared marinara sauce - homemade or store bought - I like Trader Joe's Traditional Marinara sauce
- 6 oz. sliced fresh Mozzarella
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- (1/2 cup sliced chicken, 2 tablespoons sliced black olives and a little shredded cheddar for the kiddos)
(I usually can homemade marinara sauce each summer, but that stuff goes FAST! The Trader Joe's Traditional Marinara is THE ONLY store bought sauce I will buy. I could eat it with a spoon - sometimes I do, it is THAT good!)