I'm not saying this because I like the cold weather, in fact, I hate it!
I wish it was summer all year long!
The only thing I like about fall and winter is the food :)
I LOVE soup!
I make soup almost once a week in the cold season, sometimes more.
Today: Clam Chowder!
What you will need:
- 1 tablespoon butter/olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrott
- 5-6 medium red potatoes, diced
- 8 cups vegetable broth/water (or you can use chicken broth)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 pinch sage
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1 pint half and half
- 1 6.5 oz can of clams
- 1 8 oz bottle clam juice
- 2 lbs fresh clams, in the shell
- 1/2 cup bacon pieces, cooked
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions