Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing

Since learning how to make Vinaigrette Dressing, and Ranch Dressing, and Caesar Dressing, and Honey Mustard Dressing - all from scratch - I have decided that I will no longer (OK - rarely, in a pinch!) buy dressing from the store!

I will make all of my dressings!

They are so yummy, a lot healthier, and possibly cheaper.

Here is my homemade Caesar Salad Dressing.


And BTW - it is NOT very easy to photograph sauces or dressings!!!




Here is what you need:

  • 3-4 anchovy fillets
  • 2-3 cloves crushed garlic
  • 2 egg yolks
  • the juice of 1 lemon
  • 1-2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
  • 2 tablespoons vinegar
  • approximately 1 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup finely grated Peccorino Romano
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
Place anchovy fillets in a large bowl. Mash with the back of a spoon into a paste - as fine as you'd like.



Add in the crushed garlic (I used a garlic press) and the 2 egg yolks.


Add in the lemon juice and Dijon mustard.


Add in vinegar (you can use Balsamic, Red Wine, White - whatever you'd like, I prefer Balsamic, but I only had red wine this time) and whisk well.


Slowly whisk in the olive oil a little at a time. You may or may not need it all, you may possibly need a little more. You can stop when it has met your desired thickness.





Add in the Peccorino Romano, salt and pepper. Mix and refrigerate until well chilled.



Now - obviously, you can leave out the anchovies if you don't like them. Or vary any of the other ingredients to fit your taste.

I hope you enjoy!



~Candy

1 comment:

  1. I love homemade caesar and make one very similar. yum!

    ReplyDelete