Tomatoes are awesome.
And I LOVE peppers.
So, tonight, stuffed peppers it is.
With tomatoes, zucchini and lemon... and all kinds of other yummy stuff!
Even my kids love these!
(I know, they are weird, most kids would NOT eat these, but Julian (6) begs me to make them!)
What you will need:
- 4-6 peppers (more depending on size... Green, Red, Anaheim...)
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 6-8 cloves chopped garlic
- zest of 1/2 a lemon
- juice of 1 whole lemon
- 1/2 cup of vegetable broth (or more depending on consistence needed)
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1 pinch rosemary
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Pecarino Romano cheese
- 1/2 lb. ground Italian sausage, browned