Wednesday, December 26, 2012

BBQ Beef Turnovers - the easy way

Aaahhh, Christmas.......

Usually, the few days leading up to Christmas are spent running around like a chicken with my head cut off!

Shopping for last minute gifts...
Stocking suffers...
And food...

Baking cookies...
Making peanut butter balls...
Spiced nuts...
And bourbon balls...

And cooking... EVERYTHING!

Then, Christmas morning if filled with the chaos of presents and wrapping paper and stockings and cocktails. Oh my! (lol!)

Then comes food and more cocktails...
                                                        and more food and more cocktails...

But, it's not over yet, the day after Christmas is cleaning up the leftover messes, and weeding out old toys and clothes and kitchen gadgets to make room for the new ones!

By the end, I'm pooped!

I don't want to cook, and I don't want to shop, I don't even want to leave the house.... so what is for dinner???

Leftovers!! Or, something fun made out of them!!

BBQ Beef turnovers...






We had beef Roast for Christmas dinner - stuffed with 30 cloves of garlic (OK, maybe not 30, but a lot!) and seasoned with salt and pepper and oregano and cooked on a bed of sliced onions at 225* all day till it fell apart... the carnivores in my house love it!

Of course, we could just have leftovers, but thats no fun...

I looked in the fridge to see what I could make with the leftover roast...

  • Bacon
  • BBQ Sauce
  • Onions
  • Cheese
  • A Can of Biscuits

First, preheat the oven to 350*.

Slice the onion and saute in a med pot till slightly softened, then add in the roast and some BBQ sauce and cook on low heat till the meat shreds easily.

Next, cook and crumble the bacon and shred some cheese, I used cheddar and pepper jack.

Open the can of biscuits, and using a little flour and a rolling pin, roll them out to about 4" rounds.

Place crumbled bacon, 1-2 tablespoons of shredded beef and 1 tablespoon shredded cheese in the center.

Fold over the dough making a half circle.
Press the edges together using a fork.

Once they are all filled, place on a silicone baking pad, or a greased baking pan.
Brush the tops with an egg wash and sprinkle with a little remaining cheese, bacon and fresh ground pepper.

Bake for 10-15 minutes till golden brown.


Serve with a little more BBQ sauce for dipping, if you would like, and a light salad (also leftover!!).


So good, so fast, and even better, I got to use up some of those leftovers!!


The boys loved these - no leftovers tonight!!  :)



Enjoy!!

~Candy


4 comments:

  1. I've had chicken turnovers...and apple turnovers...now I can't wait to add BBQ beef turnovers to my list! Mmm and that roast, with all the garlic and oregano sounds like it was delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann! I hope you try it, if you do, please let me know what you think!

      Delete