Sunday, October 11, 2015

Eggs Florentine, with a Twist

I LOVE HOLLANDAISE SAUSE!

I said it!

I absolutely love that creamy, tangy, salty, buttery sauce. I could put it on just about anything.

Hollandaise,  you complete me.

Haha!

So, this morning, I thought about making Eggs Florentine, Nate asked if I would put cheese in the sauce, so I dug around in the fridge and 20 minutes later, this is what I came up with:





Into our Vitamix I put:

  • 6 egg yolkes
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • the juice of 1/2 lemon
  • 1/3 cup of Italian cheese (I used Parmigiano and Romano)
  • salt and pepper to taste.

I turned it on high for about a minute, scraped the sides, turned it back on and let it go for another 5-6 minutes.

Meanwhile, I sliced tomato,  poached some eggs, fried up some sliced ham, and sautéed a mixture of chopped artichoke hearts, spinach and arugula in a bit of the artichoke marinade.
Also, 1 grilled some English Muffins and biscuits on the flat top and grabbed some shredded cheddar from the fridge.

To assemble:
On top of the biscuit or muffin, place your ham (optional), artichoke/arugula mixture, tomato, a small sprinkle of cheddar cheese, a poached egg and cover it with a spoon of your cheesy hollandaise sauce.

Oh wow - this was heaven in my mouth!

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment